Why isn’t Cortana Available on my Windows 10 PC? So here are the solutions to enable Cortana anywhere in the World on Windows 10 & Windows 10 mobile. You do not need to download Cortana for Windows 10 devices. Just a few settings and you are good to go.
For our readers who want to know What is Cortana in Windows 10, here is the brief introduction:
Cortana is your clever new personal assistant. She will help you find things on your PC, manage your calendar, track packages, find files, chat with you and tell jokes to make you happy and comfortable. Windows 10 Cortana is bundled with features that will make your work very easy.
Also Read: How To Screenshot On Windows 10?
Cortana’s regions and languages Apply to Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile.
One of my good friends from Canada called me yesterday and asked me “Why isn’t Cortana available in Canada?”…
He knows that I write articles on Windows 10. When I searched the internet I do not found a step by step guide to enable Cortana for his region. So thought to write this guide.
In Cortana, you can set your daily routine reminder to remember your work.
Why Isn’t Cortana Available On My Windows 10 Pc
Solution To Enable Cortana For Your Region & Language
Regions & Languages:
In order to use Cortana, your region & language settings have to be aligned. Click the following list of regions where Cortana Windows 10 is available, and the corresponding language for each of those regions.
Following languages are available in regions for Cortana on Windows 10:-
- Australia: English
- Canada: English
- China: Chinese (Simplified)
- France: French
- Germany: German
- India: English
- Italy: Italian
- Japan: Japanese
- Spain: Spanish
- United Kingdom: English
- United States: English
NOTE: If you change your region, you might not be able to shop at the store, or use things that you’ve purchased. Purchases such as memberships and subscriptions, games, films, TV, and music.
UPDATE: If your settings are accurate but you still can’t use Cortana on Windows 10, installing the latest Windows Updates might fix the problem.
To update your Windows 10 Operating System just go to Settings > Updates & Security > Windows Updates
Setting up Cortana for Windows 10 PC:-
- In order to use Cortana, all these settings have to be set to the same language:-
- Languages (This is your device language)
- Country or Region
- To confirm that your settings are correct or to make a change:-
- Open Settings. Select Time & language, then Region & language.
- Check the Language (set as default) setting for your Windows display language. To get a new language, select Add a Language, then choose one from the list. It may take a few minutes for the language pack to load. If you remove a language, you can always add it back later.
- Check the Country or region setting. Make sure that the country selected corresponds to the Windows Display language set in the Language setting.
- Go back to Settings > Time & language > Speech and make sure that the Speech-language setting is aligned with the previous settings. If the language you want isn’t available, follow the steps on the next tab to add it.
- Sign out and then sign back in for the new settings to take effect.
NOTE: For mobile devices, make sure that you have the correct settings for Language, Region, and Speech under Settings > Time & language.
- Go to Language >> Add language to add a new language.
- Go to Speech >> Add a language to add a new speech-language.
So, Here’s how you are done with the setup of Desktop and Windows 10 Mobile. And now you know exactly the answer to the question “Why Isn’t Cortana Available On My Windows 10 Pc”.
If steps mentioned above correctly Cortana should be available for your Windows 10 PC or Windows phone.
Installing language packs:-
- For some languages, you might need to manually download a speech pack.
- Go to Start Button and Open Settings.
- Select Time & language >> Region & language.
- Select the language that you want to add speech to, then select the Options button.
- Under Speech, select the Download button. It may take a minute or two for the speech pack to load.
- Sign out and then sign back in for the new speech pack to be added to speech options.
- Go back to Time & language, select your new language, then Set as Default.
- On Settings >> Time & language >> Speech, make sure that the Speech-language setting is aligned with the previous settings.
- Sign out and then sign in the back for the new settings to take effect.
If you did the above steps correctly your preferred language is installed and ready to use.
If you are also an Android phone user and interested to download Cortana for android then congratulations. Cortana is also available for Android phones and can be found in the google play store.
I hope this easy to understand guide helped you to enable Cortana on Windows 10 PC.
Do share this guide with your friends if they have the same question. “Why isn’t Cortana Available on my Windows 10 PC?”.