Do you have multiple accounts on various internet services? Or are you a person who always forgets the password? If the answer is a big Yes! Then we have got you covered. If you use the Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10 to surf the web you can easily enable remember passwords in Microsoft Edge browser feature.
Microsoft Edge is the latest browser and many of the one things, which was introduced by Microsoft to Windows 10 OS users.
Edge browser works perfectly fine and has a very lightweight framework around it. This results in less memory consumption which is not the case with other Internet browsers like Chrome. Ya, it’s true that the Edge browser does not come with the addon or extensions support as in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
When you visit any web page or website which requires you to log in with your Username & Password this feature comes handy. Whenever you first log in to a website lets say Facebook, Edge browser will ask you “Would you like to save your password for Facebook”.
If you chose to save your password for Facebook then whenever you visit the same website again you do not need to put your Username or Password. The edge browser will automatically fill the fields for you.
If Microsoft Edge browser does not ask you to save your password while logging in, you might have turned off the “Offer to save password” feature in the settings.
Let’s learn how you can enable this feature to Remember passwords in Microsoft Edge
Remember Passwords In Microsoft Edge
When you visit a website that requires you to sign in. Microsoft Edge browser will ask if you want your username and password remembered.
When you visit the same site again. Microsoft Edge will finish filling in your account info. Password saving is ON by default, but here’s how to switch it On or Off:
- In the Microsoft Edge browser select the three dots (…) which are situated on the top right of the browser.
- Then go to Settings >> View advanced settings.
- In View advanced settings, Under privacy and services, you will see an option “Offer to save passwords” turn that On if you want to remember passwords in Microsoft Edge
- Or Turn it Off if you do not want to remember passwords in Microsoft Edge browser.
- Edge also offers to manage your passwords by clicking on “Manage my saved passwords” which is situated just below to “Offer to save passwords”.
Clear Passwords In Microsoft Edge
If you want to clear the passwords history in Microsoft Edge browser you can do as below:
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Select the three dots (…) on the upper right of the browser.
- Go to Settings >> select “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” then choose passwords.
In this way, you can clear browsing data from the Microsoft Edge and clear passwords in Microsoft Edge.
How To View Saved Passwords In Microsoft Edge Windows 10
To view passwords in Microsoft Edge Windows 10 follow the below instructions:
- First, “Control Panel” on your Pc.
- Click on “User Accounts“.
- Click on “Credential Manager” and then select “Web Credential Tab“.
- Second, under web credential, you will see the URLs of the website which you saved your passwords for, Click on the small arrow just beside the URL to expand the URL and the password which belongs to that website.
- Third, to view your saved passwords in Microsoft Edge, just click on the “Show” link just beside the Passwords.
- Fourth, when you click on the “Show” link, Windows will ask you to verify your Ownership with the PC. Enter your Windows password and click on OK. This is needed to restrict unauthorized users from viewing passwords saved on your PC.
- After doing all the steps above you will be able to view saved passwords in Microsoft Edge with the website which it belongs to.
This is how you enable the feature to remember passwords in Microsoft Edge. Indeed it’s a great Windows 10 feature that we should use.
We all have multiple accounts some related to emails and some to social media. This awesome feature will save a lot of time in case we hate to enter usernames and passwords again.
I hope this guide on how to remember passwords in Microsoft Edge browser will make you more efficient logging into any online accounts. Please share it with your friends. If any doubt, please feel free to comment below for further help.