When you update Windows 10, you get new and enhanced features to make your working experience pleasant. But, some unwanted issues come along with the new updated version. One of those unwanted issues appears as a flickering screen after the update. In this new Windows 10 guide, we will see what causes screen flickering and how to fix screen flickering in Windows 10.
Concentrating to work on a screen that just doesn’t stop flashing is a disturbing thing. And because it occurred on your device after the latest Windows 10 update, that doesn’t mean you can’t get rid of it.
The blinking screen in Windows 10 can show up on your device due to numerous reasons. But a clashing application or an outdated display driver are the most likely reasons.
And that’s the topic we are going to pursue today, Windows 10 screen flickering issues and troubleshooting.
Before panicking about why is my screen flickering, you should try and know about the reasons behind the matter. Fortunately, the display flickering issue is not something that can’t be solved with the right helping hand.
- 1 Fix Screen Flickering in Windows 10
- 2 Reform The Display Drivers To Fix Screen Flicker
- 3 Remove The Third-Party Antivirus Software
- 4 What Causes Screen Flickering In Windows 10?
- 5 Conclusion
Fix Screen Flickering in Windows 10
Now we know the reason behind why Windows 10 keep flickering. We should move on to fix screen flickering in Windows 10, aka the solution part.
Force Stop Windows 10 Running Services
Sometimes, it has been seen that some of the Windows services become the cause of the problem. Very often, services like Windows error reporting service and some services stop supporting the device then the screen flickering issues occur.
The very first solution is turning those features OFF and that’s what I am going to help you with.
Follow the steps to disable Windows services:
- Press win key+ R together to open the Run command.
- Type services.msc to launch the services program.
- Scroll down and find ‘Problems reports and solution control panel’
- Right-click on it and hit the Stop option from the pop-up menu.
Tip: It is also recommended to disable the Windows error reporting services.
- Restart your device to find out the difference you just made.
Increase The Screen Refresh Rate
This is one of the easiest solutions to try to get rid of the screen flickering in Windows 10 laptops. When it comes to displaying problems, increasing the monitor refresh rate can help.
And that’s why you should give it a try when facing the irritating display flickering issues on your Windows 10 device.
The steps to know how to fix screen flickering in Windows 10 are:
- On the home screen, make a right-click anywhere.
- Select the Display settings option.
- Click the ‘Display adapter properties’ link by scrolling down.
- Then click on the Monitor tab.
- Open the drop-down menu under the Screen refresh rate title.
- Select a higher refresh rate and hit Ok.
Resetting the refresh rate will help you fix the screen flickering issue if it is caused due to a display problem.
Reform The Display Drivers To Fix Screen Flicker
When you will conduct the task manager test to find out the roots of the issue, you will know what exactly is causing the screen flicker. And if it is not because of any incompatible application or software, then it is display drivers for sure.
As obvious, when you get to know about the disease, you will want the cure it.
Here, we are going to learn about three of the most efficient ways to reform the display drivers in Windows 10. Let’s get going with the process:
Update The Display Drivers In Windows 10
- Press the Win + x key and select the Device Manager option from the menu.
- Click on the arrow and expand the Display adapters option.
- On the available display driver, make a right-click.
- Click the Update driver software option from the menu
- On the next page, choose to Search automatically for updated driver software
- Your device will now scan for the drivers which need to be updated.
Note: If no display driver appears to be updated then you can update windows 10 drivers manually. All you need to do is download the latest version of the driver from the manufacturing servers and install it.
Roll Back To The Previous Drivers
- Repeat the process and get back to the Display adapter option.
- Right-click on the display driver.
- Now, click on the Properties option.
- Open the driver tab from here
- Click on the Rollback driver button
- Hit enter and done
After you roll back to the previous version of the driver, restart your PC to check if the screen flickering continues or not.
Uninstall The Display Drivers
- Again in the Device Manager, right-click the available drive.
- Choose to Uninstall it from the menu.
- Now, check the box ‘Delete the display driver for this device’ option
- Press the Ok button
You can restart your computer after the uninstallation. You can reinstall the updated display driver from the Windows Update in the settings.
Remove The Third-Party Antivirus Software
Microsoft Windows 10 performs quite well when it comes to the anti-virus protection of your device. But if you are using another antivirus software, like avast antivirus, then it might be affecting the system and cause screen flickering in Windows 10.
If you are not sure if the antivirus software is compatible with your device
- properly or not, then you should remove it in the first place.
Follow the given instructions carefully to do so:
- Hit the Cortana search bar and search for the control panel.
- Click on the Programs option.
- Click to open the Programs and features option
- Now, find and Right-click on the antivirus software you wish to remove
- Click on the Uninstall option
- Hit the Ok button on the confirmation popup notification
Simply restart your PC to let the process get completed. And this will stop the screen flashing issue on your laptop.
What Causes Screen Flickering In Windows 10?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to find out the elements that causing laptop screen flickering.
- Open the Windows 10 task manager by simply making a right-click on the taskbar.
- Now stay focused on the task manager screen and check for one of the given scenarios:
- If the Task Manager Flickers: If you witness the whole monitor screen flashing along with the task manager and other applications then an outdated display driver turns out to be the culprit.
- If the Task Manager does not Flicker: If you don’t see the task manager flickering or flashing along with the other screen space and applications, then the reason is some incompatible applications.
Recommended: How To Disk Cleanup In Windows 10?
Although, it’s not crystal clear that what causes screen flashing in Windows 10. But now you know the methods to figure out to fix screen flickering in Windows 10.
Several problems can attack your device after you upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10. Screen blinking is one of the most common errors.
After doing the basic checks, you can get to know the roots of the issue.
Follow the instructions mentioned in the article, and let me know which of the described solutions worked the best for you. Use the comment box and feel free to ask anything related to Windows 10.